TRIAL - Essential Evidence Plus
The Library is currently trialling Essential Evidence Plus which is available at the following URL:
EE+ features over 13,000 topics, guidelines, abstracts, tools, images, and summaries covering the most common conditions, diseases, and procedures clinicians come in contact with every day. Every recommendation carries a strength-of-evidence rating that accurately grades each recommendation’s merit on the basis of all of the evidence available in the relevant literature.
The trial will run until 17th December 2021. Access is through all SVHG-networked PCs and remotely with OpenAthens.
For further information, please contact SVUH Library at firstname.lastname@example.org
Covid Restrictions - SVUH Library Services still available
During the current national Covid restrictions, SVUH Library & Information Services will continue to provide the following services
- The Library is staffed on a rostered basis with one person in the office at any time during normal opening hours of 9.30-5.30. Please bear with us during this period of reduced staffing.
- The Study area will remain open on a 24/7 basis but, for everyone's safety, we continue to reduce the number of study desks and PCs available. Please wipe down desks, chairs, computers, etc. when you are finished. Wipes and hand sanitsers are provided.
- All our Electronic resources remain accessible both onsite (in each hospital) and remotely (with an OpenAthens account) to all staff and students. The link to our E-resources is to be found on the PINK BLOCK on this page. Application forms for OpenAthens accounts are available on the BLUE BLOCK on this page
- Evidence, research and audit support are still available by appointment only. You can either contact one of us directly at our emails below or send a general query to email@example.com
Niamh Lucey firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Anne Madden firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Gerry McManus firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Welcome to St Vincent’s Healthcare Group Library website
We provide library and information services to the staff of St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group, as well as to students from University College Dublin on placement in any of the Group’s hospitals. There are two library sites – one based in St. Vincent’s University Hospital, and one located in St. Michael’s Hospital. We support the information needs and therefore the clinical practice, professional education and research activities, of all staff of St. Vincent's Healthcare Group.
Use this website to:
- Search our catalogue of books - renew, reserve etc.
- Access our electronic resources (e-journals and databases) from within the Hospitals and remotely.
- Download forms - borrower registration, OpenAthens registration, article request.
- View our opening hours, our publications, and much more.
- Find out about upcoming library training, presentations and events.
SVUH Library 01 221 4921 firstname.lastname@example.org
SMH Library 01 663 9850 email@example.com