New Resource - Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines
We are delighted to announce that the Library has taken out an annual subscription to this important online resource. Now in its 14th edition, Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry is the essential evidence-based handbook on the safe and effective prescribing of psychotropic agents. Covering both common and complex prescribing situations encountered in day-to-day clinical practice, this comprehensive resource provides expert guidance on drug choice, minimum and maximum doses, adverse effects, switching medications, prescribing for special patient groups, and more.
Access is available at this link and remotely with an OpenAthens account:
Covid Restrictions - SVUH Library Services still available
During the current national Covid restrictions, SVUH Library & Information Services will continue to provide the following services
- The Library is staffed on a rostered basis with one person in the office at any time during normal opening hours of 9.30-5.30. Please bear with us during this period of reduced staffing.
- The Study area will remain open on a 24/7 basis but, for everyone's safety, we continue to reduce the number of study desks and PCs available. Please wipe down desks, chairs, computers, etc. when you are finished. Wipes and hand sanitsers are provided.
- All our Electronic resources remain accessible both onsite (in each hospital) and remotely (with an OpenAthens account) to all staff and students. The link to our E-resources is to be found on the PINK BLOCK on this page. Application forms for OpenAthens accounts are available on the BLUE BLOCK on this page
- Evidence, research and audit support are still available by appointment only. You can either contact one of us directly at our emails below or send a general query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Niamh Lucey email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Anne Madden email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Gerry McManus email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to St Vincent’s Healthcare Group Library website
We provide library and information services to the staff of St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group, as well as to students from University College Dublin on placement in any of the Group’s hospitals. There are two library sites – one based in St. Vincent’s University Hospital, and one located in St. Michael’s Hospital. We support the information needs and therefore the clinical practice, professional education and research activities, of all staff of St. Vincent's Healthcare Group.
Use this website to:
- Search our catalogue of books - renew, reserve etc.
- Access our electronic resources (e-journals and databases) from within the Hospitals and remotely.
- Download forms - borrower registration, OpenAthens registration, article request.
- View our opening hours, our publications, and much more.
- Find out about upcoming library training, presentations and events.
SVUH Library 01 221 4921 email@example.com
SMH Library 01 663 9850 firstname.lastname@example.org